August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
2324 2526272829
3031     

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2026 09:11 pm
So, I'm a person who has close contact with all kinds of liquids... water, milk, mud, liquid manure, the works, so I have a waterproof mobile (and have dropped it into my bathtub when reading in the bath, as well as washing it with the dishes).

But.

It dropped out of my pocket on a campground in Sardinia and landed in a puddle, and whatever liquid that was, it fried it. Mobile dead.

YaY.

So, I'm on an Italian vaction island trying to find a place to buy a mobile (at a price that does not use up my entire travel budget). I managed (not a waterproof one though), but no fun.

Phone SIM is still working, ok.

Does anyone remember my google password to set up android?

Oh, and the apps... anyone remember the passwords? Same with dreamwidth, photo storage, all of it. No fun.

Anyway, this is what my blogging looked like the last 2 weeks:


catching up with the real ;) blogging now
Tags:
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2026 10:42 pm (UTC)
Oy vey, what a pain in the ass, and on vacation too
Wednesday, June 24th, 2026 11:26 am (UTC)
What an awful mess. Hope you got everything back
Wednesday, June 24th, 2026 01:33 pm (UTC)
Oh no!

That's a nightmare!

I hope you were successful in getting everything restored on the new phone.
Wednesday, June 24th, 2026 05:03 pm (UTC)
No fun at all!

Sorry to hear you have lost the photos. :-( I always used to worry I'd lose mine on holiday so I eventually set Dropbox to auto upload them and then I'd save them properly when I got home.